The Nutrition and pediatrics Program Manager, who will based in Gaziantep will be expected to lead on program planning, oversight of program implementation, recruitment and procurement. A key role is to work day to day with the coordinators and field team, building their capacity in technical and program management skills.
The program manager will help improve the programming and skills of AHF key staff within the program, and continue and build on the partnership that AHF has undertaken with Donors and partners.
- Supervises program teams to ensure maximum quality in the implementation of activities and to respond to identified needs.
- Meet with staff regularly to provide briefing on proposed activities, implementation and monitoring plan and roles and responsibilities of each team member.
- Build the staff capacity to implement best practice in Nutrition and Pediatrics.
- Coordinates and monitor the implementation of AHF Strategy.
- Ensures the follow-up and proper implementation of yearly Action Plans – which set the key objectives and their prioritization –.
- Develops, strengthens, guides, and monitors the implementation of program projects ensuring a coherent approach to maximize impact and following reference institutional framework, guidance, and methodology documents.
- Ensures the availability of technical expertise for delegations, including the development of a pool of experts to support the quality of projects.
- Participates in the production, data management and knowledge sharing in the field (research, capitalization, evaluation, annual reports, etc.).
- Assist in data collection and oversee the process to ensure high quality reporting of progress against proposal indicators and program quality indicators.
- Develop case studies, success stories, best practice reports and key lessons from implementation on regular basis.
- Oversees the quality and alignment of interventions monitoring indicators and supporting data generation for project and annual reports.
- Supports, within the limit of available resources, the response to emergencies in terms of tools and methodologies.
- Participates in fundraising through regular meetings and communications with key partners (donors, sponsors).
- Supports the development of project proposals in line with AHF strategy and theory of change with an emphasis on innovative approaches.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships for the program.
- Develops synergies with other NGOs, and local organizations, and nurture a network with key stakeholders.
- Actively participates in the Nutrition team, portfolio, and technical meetings.
- Participates and contributes to the program discussions at institutional level and fosters the correct communication and visibility of AHF
- Represent AHF in the clusters’ meetings.
- Contributes to the recruitment staff when required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• 7 years of experience.
• 5 years of experience in the humanitarian response setting (including at least 3 years in NWS humanitarian setting especially) with 3 years working in a management capacity.especially.
• Able to prioritize, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines.
• Flexible in schedule, attitude, and work processes.
• Represent AHF in Nutrition and health clusters meetings when requested by line manager.
• Language skills in Arabic, and a high level of written and spoken English. Turkish is a plus.
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
• Able to motivate staff effectively.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly One Drive, outlook, MS Word and MS Excel. Adobe suite preferred.