The Health Program Manager, who will based in Gaziantep will be expected to lead on program planning, oversight of program implementation, recruitment and procurement. A key role is to work day to day with the coordinators and field team, building their capacity in technical and program management skills.
The program manager will help improve the programming and skills of AHF key staff within the program, and continue and build on the partnership that AHF has undertaken with Donors and partners.
- Supervises health teams to ensure maximum quality in the implementation of activities and to respond to identified needs.
- Meet with staff regularly to provide briefing on proposed activities, implementation and monitoring plan and roles and responsibilities of each team member.
- Build the capacity of staff to implement best practice in health.
- Coordinates and monitor the implementation of the Health Strategy of AHF.
- Ensures the follow-up and proper implementation of yearly Action Plans – which set the key objectives and their prioritization – of the health program.
- Develops, strengthens, guides, and monitors the implementation of health projects ensuring a coherent approach to maximize impact and following reference institutional framework, guidance, and methodology documents.
- Ensures the availability of technical expertise for delegations, including the development of a pool of experts to support the quality of projects.
- Participates in the production, data management and knowledge sharing in the field (research, capitalization, evaluation, annual reports, etc.).
- Assist in data collection and oversee the process to ensure high quality reporting of progress against proposal indicators and program quality indicators.
- Develop case studies, success stories, best practice reports and key lessons from implementation on regular basis.
- Oversees the quality and alignment of interventions monitoring indicators and supporting data generation for project and annual reports.
- Supports, within the limit of available resources, the health response to emergencies in terms of tools and methodologies.
- Participates in fundraising through regular meetings and communications with key partners (donors, sponsors).
- Supports the development of project proposals in line with health strategy and theory of change with an emphasis on innovative approaches.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships for health program.
- Develops synergies with other NGOs, and local organizations, and nurture a network with key stakeholders.
- Actively participates in the health team, portfolio, and technical meetings.
- Participates and contributes to the health program discussions at institutional level and fosters the correct communication and visibility of AHF.
- Represent AHF in health cluster meetings.
- Contributes to the recruitment of health staff when required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Medical degree or at the minimum a bachelor’s degree in public health.
- At least 3 years of health experience in NWS humanitarian setting especially.
- Able to prioritize, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Flexible in schedule, attitude, and work processes.
- Represent AHF in health cluster meetings when requested by line manager.
- Language skills in Arabic, and a high level of written and spoken English. Turkish is a plus.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Able to motivate staff effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly One Drive, outlook, MS Word and MS Excel. Adobe suite preferred.
- Having multiple previous experiences with similar organizations is a plus.